Rickenbacker 4003W Walnut
“Roundabout.” Many of the musicians here at Midwest Guitar Center remember the sound of that classic Yes bass line: an early-1960s Rickenbacker 4001S strung with roundwounds.
Rickenbacker basses, with their snappy treble, strong bottom end, and ringing sustain, helped shape the sound of classic rock in the skillful hands of progressive bassists like Chris Squire and Paul McCartney.
There’s only one way to get that legendary sound. Today’s powerful Rickenbacker 4003W Walnut delivers those inimitable bass tones, as well as stereo output, in a streamlined instrument ready for the new millennium. With the Rickenbacker 4003W bass, you can create your own renowned sound.
Stereo Rick-O-Sound output opens up a palette of sonic possibilities
The Rickenbacker 4003 bass has two output jacks. The first is a traditional mono output. The second is a stereo Rick-O-Sound output, which sends separate signals from both pickups.
Why should your guitarist and keyboardist have all the fun? Just consider the possibilities! You could connect the neck and bridge pickups to different amps.
Pan the pickups to the left and right. To create immersive stereo soundscapes, use different effects pedals in each signal route. You’re no longer limited to only holding down the bottom end with the Rickenbacker 4003.
Rickenbacker 4003W Walnut 4-string Electric Bass Features:
- An iconic bass, immortalized by Paul McCartney and Chris Squire
- Walnut body and maple through-neck, for serious sustain and treble zing
- Body binding and triangle fingerboard inlays add a touch of elegance
- 2 single-coil pickups deliver the classic Rick bass sound
- Stereo Rick-O-Sound output lets you route each pickup individually
- Mono output for traditional operation
- 3-way selector with 2 tone and 2 volume controls
- Schaller Deluxe tuners are stage rugged and studio dependable
Rickenbacker 4003W Walnut Tech Specs
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:4003 Traditional
- Body Material:Walnut
- Body Finish:Hand-rubbed Satin Oil
- Neck Material:Maple, Neck-thru
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Triangle inlays
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:33.25″
- Nut Width:1.6875″
- Nut Material:Bakelite
- Bridge/Tailpiece:RIC bridge and tailpiece
- Tuners:Schaller Deluxe
- Neck Pickup:Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Single-coil
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone (push/pull treble tone control), 3-way toggle pickup switch, 2 x 1/4″ outputs (standard, stereo)
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:4003W