Gibson SJ-200 Original Vintage Sunburst
The Gibson SJ-200 Original is a descendant of one of the most famous flat top guitars ever made. It mixes traditional tonewoods with high-end electronics to produce the ideal tone for studio and stage work.
The combination of Sitka spruce and maple produces a powerful sound with a tight bass end suitable for fingerpicking. When you dig in with a flat pick, the strength increases even more, but the singing voice of this instrument stays crystal clear.
Onboard LR Baggs VTC electronics provide a rich and dynamic response for your plugged-in pleasure. The SJ-200 features all of the high-end Gibson amenities, such as Graduated Crown fretboard inlays, a Moustache bridge, and an engraved pickguard.
The Gibson SJ-200 Original, with its strong voice and famed Gibson Craftsmanship, is a guitar you and your loved ones will cherish for a lifetime.
The Gibson Acoustic SJ-200 Original is part of Gibson’s renowned Super Jumbo guitar range. The Sitka spruce top delivers a powerful, clear tone, while the flame maple back and sides add middle boost and treble punch.
Gibson SJ-200 Original Vintage Sunburst aficionados will like the “Round” profile of the 2-piece maple neck. The acoustic package is completed by a genuine bone nut and saddles.
LR Baggs Session VTC Electronics
The SJ-200’s outstanding plugged-in tone is provided by an inbuilt LR Baggs Session VTC Pickup and Preamp. Rich, warm analog tones voiced specifically for the acoustic guitar will delight you. The Session VTC automatically suppresses undesired feedback, allowing the SJ-200’s genuine nature to shine through.
It also contains a “touch-sensitive” dynamic EQ for compression of low, mid, and high frequencies. The more you strum, the more compression you get. To protect the aesthetics of your axe, the inbuilt volume and tone controls are discreetly housed in the soundhole.
All the bling you can ask for
The SJ-200, Gibson’s top-of-the-line acoustic, definitely looks the part. From the front, you’ll see magnificent decoration and intricate inlay work. Pearl is used throughout the guitar, from the headstock to the bridge.
The fingerboard is adorned with mother-of-pearl Graduated Crown inlays, and the bridge is adorned with MOP inlays as well. The etched pickguard, which features a delicate blooming pattern, is the true star of the show. The Gibson Acoustic SJ-200 Original is for individuals who wish to make a statement with its gorgeous and striking aesthetics.
Gibson SJ-200 Original Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Super jumbo acoustic-electric that pumps out the tone
- LR Baggs VTC electronics reproduce studio-quality plugged-in tone
- Solid Sitka spruce top adds nuanced articulation
- Flame maple back and sides deliver extra power and midrange boost
- Rosewood fingerboard provides an effortless playing experience
- Comfortable “Round” neck profile is sleek and inviting
- Gotoh Keystone tuners provide impressive tuning stability
- Inlaid pickguard, bridge, and headstock add definitive touches of luxury
Gibson SJ-200 Original Tech Specs
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Super Jumbo-200
- Back & Sides Wood:Flamed Maple
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Multi-ply top/back
- Neck Wood:2-Piece Maple
- Neck Shape:Rounded
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Graduated Crowns
- Number of Frets:20, Standard
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Bridge Material:SJ-200 Four Bar Mustache
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh Keystone
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC Under Saddle Pickup
- Strings:Gibson, .012-.053
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:OCJB20VS