Gibson Sg Standard Electric Guitar
The Gibson SG Standard is a rock legend, immortalized by Santana at Woodstock and shattered onstage by Townshend. The Nashville-made Gibson SG Standard is the real deal, featuring a pair of toneful humbuckers, a rounded-profile neck, and a silky Plek’d rosewood fretboard with almost no action.
The lightweight mahogany body of the Gibson SG Standard provides superb sustain and little pain, even if you play all night. The nitro finish looks and feels luxurious, and it improves the tone of this iconic solidbody electric guitar. Own a piece of rock history by purchasing a Gibson SG Standard.
The Gibson SG Standard is a lean, mean rock machine
The Gibson SG Standard, known for its comfy, fast-action neck, is a perennial favorite with Sweetwater musicians. The characteristic rounded neck carving always feels exactly right, whether you’re chording down low or soloing up high.
The famous double-horned cutaway on the Gibson SG Standard allows you unrestricted access to the high registers, while the Plek’d fretboard assures simple playability. The Gibson SG Standard is a fast and furious rock machine.
Matched humbucker set delivers real-deal PAF tone
The pickups on the SG Standard were voiced by Gibson to have tonal qualities akin to iconic late-period PAF humbuckers, but with a small boost in the upper mids for a more current sound.
The 490 matched pickup combination really excels when it comes to producing the SG’s trademark thick, growling tone. However, these dogs are delightfully responsive – simply turn down the sound and they clean up brilliantly.
We adore the Gibson SG Standard’s pickup configuration, and we’re sure you will as well. The Gibson SG Standard rewards your touch with world-class responsiveness, whether you’re expressing your musical message with gentle jazz tones, bone-rattling grit, or a searing molten inferno.
The 490R and 490T (Rhythm and Treble) pickup pole components are oriented to match the string spacing at the neck and bridge, respectively.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the Gibson SG Standard is stunning. Nitro finishes, which were once common, are substantially thinner than polyurethane finishes, allowing the instrument to “breathe.” Nitro coatings not only look fantastic, but they also improve the instrument’s tone quality. The Gibson SG Standard has the look (and feel) of a well-loved classic that will only become better with age.
Gibson SG Standard Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable, lightweight mahogany body
- Fast mahogany rounded neck; 24.75-inch scale length
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Plek’d fretboard for effortless playability
- 1.695-inch-wide Graph Tech nut
- Aluminum Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Classic black top hat knobs
- Grover Rotomatic tuners with keystone buttons
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Humbucking pickups: 490R (neck), 490T (bridge)
- 2 volume, 2 tone controls; 3-way toggle selector
Gibson SG Standard Tech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSG Standard
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocelllulose Lacquer
- ColorHeritage Cherry
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeRounded
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.695″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech
- Bridge/TailpieceNashville Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- TunersGrover Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup490R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup490T Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
- StringsGibson, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagSoftshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:SGS00HCCH1