Gibson SJ-200 Western Classic
Since 1937, the Gibson SJ-200 Western Classic Acoustic Guitar has been a mainstay instrument for many of music history’s most beloved guitarists, and its celebrated tones are guaranteed to enliven any live performance or studio session.
This highly decorated “King of the Flat-tops” is an unapologetic tribute to the golden age of country-western music, with a powerful, clear sound for strumming and exquisite fingerpicking thanks to its AAA solid Sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides.
Its rock-solid maple neck, crowned with smooth-as-glass ebony, flawlessly transmits vibrations to the body, with enough toughness to last for centuries of regular usage. Call your Midwest Guitar Center Sales Engineer now to add the vintage Gibson SJ-200 Western Classic strong tone and stunning look to your instrument stable!
Exquisitely crafted tonewoods deliver a full-bodied voice
Gibson SJ-200 Western Classicis one of the company’s famous line of Super Jumbo acoustic guitars, all of which are made with the highest-quality tonewoods available.
The SJ-200 Western Classic’s strong voice is delivered by a AAA-grade Sitka spruce top, with beautiful rosewood for the back and sides imparting depth and high-end sparkle.
The fingerboard of the Gibson SJ-200 Western Classic is made of high-grade ebony, which has been carefully inspected and approved by Gibson’s world-class luthiers. It is silky-smooth to the touch and supremely comfortable in all playing positions, while imparting great clarity and character to your playing.
Abundant stunning ornamentations
One look is all it takes to understand the special care and consideration Gibson gave the SJ-200 Western Classic. Its 2-piece maple neck boasts beautiful Graduated Crown inlays, which were made of genuine mother-of-pearl and inserted into the fingerboard using a unique process that eliminates gaps without fillers.
For added visual flair, this stunning work of playable art boasts an iconic Moustache bridge as well as a mother-of-pearl script logo and torch on the headstock. With such stunning appointments and bold aesthetics, the SJ-200 Western Classic is clearly worthy of a “King.”
Gibson SJ-200 Western Classic Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Classic “King of the Flat-tops” acoustic with massive tone
- An ode to Gibson’s storied lineage in country-western music
- Solid Sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides give you a wide tonal range with excellent dynamic response
- Ebony fingerboard with rolled edges provides a smooth playing experience
- Beautifully inlaid fretboard, bridge, and headstock
Gibson SJ-200 Western Classic Tech Specs
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:SJ-200 Western Classic
- Back & Sides Wood:Rosewood
- Top Wood:AAA Sitka Spruce
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Binding:5-ply top
- Neck Wood:2-Piece Maple with Walnut Stripe
- Neck Shape:Round C
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Graduated Crowns
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Tusq
- Bridge Material:Four Bar SJ-200 Ebony Moustache
- Tuning Machines:Waverly
- Strings:Gibson, .012-.053
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:CSJBWCVS